If you’re a restaurant or food service business that generates waste cooking oil in Liverpool, it’s important to store it properly before collection. Not only will this help to reduce odours and prevent contamination, but it will also make the collection process easier and more efficient.
Here are some tips for properly storing waste cooking oil:
- Keep it covered: Store waste cooking oil in a covered container, such as a tight-fitting lid or a sealed plastic bag. (We provide a clean drum after every collection as part of our service.) This will help to reduce odours and prevent insects and other pests from accessing the oil.
- Store it in a cool place: Keep the container of waste cooking oil in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. This will help to prevent spoilage and the growth of bacteria.
- Avoid mixing oils: Don’t mix different types of oil, as this can affect the quality of the oil and make it difficult to recycle.
- Use food-grade containers: When storing waste cooking oil, it’s important to use food-grade containers that are specifically designed for this purpose. (We provide food-grade containers as part of our standard collection service.) These containers will not leach harmful chemicals into the oil, which could affect its quality.
- Label the containers: Clearly label the containers of waste cooking oil with the date they were generated, the type of oil they contain, and any other relevant information. This will make it easier when collecting to identify the oil and process it properly.
By properly storing your waste cooking oil, you’ll help to ensure that it can be collected, transported, and recycled in a safe and efficient manner. Additionally, this will also help to reduce the potential for spills and other environmental hazards associated with the storage of waste cooking oil.
Remember, proper waste cooking oil disposal is important for both the environment and your business. By following these simple tips for storing waste cooking oil, you can help to ensure that the collection and recycling process is as seamless and effective as possible.
We are a Liverpool-based company established in 1977 specialising in providing flexible and reliable waste cooking oil collection and recycling services to businesses throughout Liverpool and the Merseyside area. If you would like to discuss your waste oil collection service then please contact us today.