Central Waste Liverpool is committed to providing excellent customer service and ensuring that our city remains clean and litter-free. To achieve this goal, we would like to remind all businesses in Liverpool of the following guidelines, issued by Liverpool City Council for keeping your premises clear of litter.
- Ensure that your waste bins have sufficient capacity for the quantity of waste produced.
- Provide adequate storage space for commercial waste either inside your building or in an enclosed area outside.
- Ensure that the frequency of waste collection is sufficient for your business to prevent any buildup of commercial waste.
- To avoid spillage or tampering, put out your refuse as close as possible to the time of collection and not overnight.
- Take your refuse containers back inside your premises immediately after they have been emptied to avoid unsightliness or danger to the public.
- Your trade refuse containers should be of adequate capacity and in good condition, with no excessive staining of food residues on the exterior.
- Place your refuse containers in a sheltered area to avoid spillage and exposure to wind.
- Keep your containers locked and secure to prevent theft, vandalism, or tampering by animals or birds.
- Regularly clean up the front and rear of your premises, car parks, and delivery and storage areas.
- Encourage a litter-conscious attitude and code of conduct among all staff and train new staff to follow these guidelines.
- Stay within the law by having a commercial refuse collection agreement with either the council’s contractor or a private contractor authorised to carry waste.
We appreciate your cooperation in maintaining a clean and litter-free city. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact your friendly team at Central Waste.